Welcome to Oyster Harbors! We ask that you please take a moment to read the following information prior to your arrival at the club.
The Oyster Harbors dress code contributes to the tradition, decorum and dignity of our Club and applies to the entire Club property. We ask that you carefully go over the following proper attire with your family members, guests and nannies to ensure they are dressed appropriately for their time at the Club.
- Denim jeans, jean styles of any color (including white), cut-offs, spandex and short shorts are not acceptable anywhere on Club premises.
- Bathing suits, cover ups, flip flops and shower sandals are only permitted at the Beach.
- T-shirts, tank and halter tops, exposed midriffs and sports jerseys are never permitted in the Club House.
- Men may not wear hats anywhere in the Club House including the patio, front terrace and Pub.
- On Friday and Saturday nights, shorts are not permitted after 6:00 p.m. on Club grounds with the exception of the Golf House, Beach, Pub Lounge and back patio.
- Jackets are recommended in the Grill Room on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- The House Committee and Board of Governors may approve Dress Code exceptions throughout the clubhouse for special events.
- Children are expected to uphold the same dress code requirements.
Golf Attire for Men:
- Collared shirts and slacks or golf specific shorts of Bermuda length are required. Shirts must be tucked in at all times. Hats must be worn with visor forward.
Golf Attire for Women:
- Slacks, capris, Bermuda shorts and skirts are permitted with an appropriate top.
- Any skirt, skort or short more than three inches above the knee is not acceptable.
Casual Dining Attire:
- Collared, tucked in shirts with slacks and Bermuda shorts is acceptable informal attire for men. Women may wear dresses, slacks, capris, Bermuda shorts or skirts with an appropriate top.
- Casual Dining Attire is acceptable on Sunday evening for The Grand Island Buffet and any evening in the Pub Lounge.
Cell Phone and Electronics Protocol:
- We ask that you kindly turn all phone ringers off once on Club grounds.
- The use of cell phones is permitted only in the privacy of one’s car, in the Club parking areas or in the telephone booths.
- Please use discretion, particularly in the dining rooms, while using smart phones or texting as not to disturb other members and their guests.